Terms and Conditions
1. Your booking must be for holiday purposes only. The property must not be used for any commercial purposes, including without limitation, assigning or subletting it.
2. We agree to let the property to you in a reasonable state of repair and condition, furnished and equipped to a fair standard and in reasonable accordance with the description on the website.
3. We will take reasonable steps to address and if possible rectify any problems which arise with the property during your tenancy.
4. A party, including any social gathering during the course of the let, in excess of twelve people, excluding infants and children under the age of twelve, requires the prior consent of the landlord.
5. Dogs are permitted, subject to an additional payment of £15 per dog per week.
6. We reserve the right to access the property during your stay. In the unlikely event we need to do this, we will give you as much warning as possible.
7. You and all members of your party agree both to keep the property clean and tidy and to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it.
8. You are required, before your departure, to separate all your rubbish out, including food waste, and place in the various different plastic bags and bins provided, ready for collection. Should your tenancy be during that time of the week when the rubbish is collected, currently Friday, you are required to take it to the bottom of the drive no later than 0700 hrs and leave it adjacent to the public highway (Gower Road).
Contract and Warranties
9. Once we have accepted your booking and payment then required, a contract has been entered into which includes these conditions, and such contract is governed by English law. Payment of all required amounts when they are due is of the essence of the contract.
10. When you make a booking you warrant that you are over eighteen years of age, and accept full responsibility for all the persons who will use the property during the period booked.
11. This contract is between the tenant of Killay Fawr, Henry Dare, and yourself.
12. When your holiday starts within 56 days of the date you make your booking, you are required to pay the total price at the time of the booking.
13. Tenancies commence after 3.00 p.m. on the commencement date and terminate at 10.00 a.m. on the termination date.
14. When your tenancy starts more than 56 days from the date you make the booking, you are required to pay a deposit of one third of the cost of your holiday at the time of the booking.
15. When you pay a deposit we will send you confirmation as soon as reasonably possible showing your booking details and the balance of your total holiday cost, which must be received at least 56 days before the start of your tenancy. We do not undertake to remind you, and if we do not receive the balance when due, we may cancel your booking and make the property available to others.
16. All payments must be in sterling.
17. There are no taxes payable. Should any tax be imposed, or levies be introduced affecting the price, you may be required to pay the extra amount.
Loss and Damage
18. When you book, you agree to indemnify the estate against all loss and damage arising (including unreasonably large amounts of cleaning and unsorted, or wrongly sorted, waste or rubbish) directly or indirectly to the property and its contents from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by yourself, or any person or animal in your party, and, without limitation to pay us forthwith upon written demand our costs in making good any such loss, damage, or cleaning.
19. The estate is entitled at its sole and absolute discretion to refuse to handover to you, or to repossess, the property (including the fixtures, fittings, and furnishings) if the estate reasonably believes that any damage is likely to be caused, or is being caused by you or any member of your party. These circumstances will be treated as a cancellation by you. No refund of any monies you have paid in respect of your booking will be made and the estate will have no liability to you as a result of this situation arising. In this situation the estate will not be obliged to either find or pay for any alternative accommodation for you and your party.
20. The estate cannot be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by you, a member or your party, or visitor, or their property however caused.
21. We do not operate a cancellation insurance scheme and recommend your have your own appropriate cover. If you cancel your booking for any reason, you must notify the estate in writing. The deposit payment is non-refundable. We will endeavour to re-let the property for the period concerned or for such part thereof as may prove possible. If such re-letting can be arranged, the balance, if already paid, will be refunded.
22. We may, subject to availability, be able to change the dates of your booking once confirmed by the estate. You will however have to pay an administration fee of £ 30, plus any additional rent.
23. The estate may cancel your booking due to any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. We will refund you all monies paid by you for your booking however, no compensation, expenses, costs or other sums of any description will be payable by the estate in such circumstances.
24. Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these conditions.